Thursday, December 1, 2011

Skateboard Project Part 2

Its been a while since I last posted-grad school apps have kept me quite busy! Laura wrote an awesomely nice post -> http://visionsofpigeons.blogspot.com/2011/11/favorite-blogs.html, and I was inspired to update my blog!

So where were we? Oh yeah, so the block was ready to be printed. Our studio art department here in Pittsburgh does not teach woodcut printing, so we don’t have the type of press that is commonly used for this process. I had to make due with the etching press, which was fine, but it took a little trial and error to get the image to my liking. This is what the first print looked like with the block next to it on the press. I love this process photo, I think it demonstrates how clean and prepped the materials have to be.


DSC_0911_Sml



The print!



skateboard_print



The skateboard!



Skateboard_White



Here she is, painted with protective enamel to seal her from water and dirt. The color scheme and image was influenced by early Bauhaus painting (I’m pretty certain that I first sketched the idea for this project in my Bauhaus history class).

Fin!

No comments:

Post a Comment