Thursday, October 20, 2011

Collages!

During the summer of 2010, I felt the urge to keep making and yet I didn’t want to labor over any drawings or paintings. My junior year was exhausting (as everyone else’s was), and the last thing I wanted to do was stress out over art projects. The following collages were more therapeutic than tiring, and I love getting lost in the process of repetitive mark making, or in this case - paper cutting!


R2D2_Collage


The photos utilized for this Star Wars collage were all collected from a Maxim magazine. My dad thought it would be funny, and would embarrass me if he got a free subscription to Maxim for me. Well, it was ... but it was a hit with my room mates. Anyway, the Maxim was awesome for collaging because the images are random, bright, and have vivid colors.


Horse_Collage


This neon horse collage was again made from Maxim spreads, but this time I overlaid an image from National Geographic.

I want to keep producing collages in the future, and maybe use some of my own photographic prints for material.

No comments:

Post a Comment